Fall has finally arrived and with it some cooler temperatures as we all get ready for the wonderful events that fill this time of year with so much joy.
After the scary events of Halloween are over, we look to getting ready for one of the biggest feasts of the year – Thanksgiving.
Nothing says Thanksgiving like a pumpkin pie but this recipe is sure to warm your heart in more ways than one.
This pumpkin pie recipe, from the BBQ Pit Boys, has an added ingredient that is guaranteed to leave all your guests toasty – Fireball whisky.
This is a must try for fall.
Pumpkin pie with Fireball whiskey recipe
There are so many pumpkin pie recipes and if you insist on making your own crusts the different styles seem endless.
This recipe follows tradition but with an added twist that I think will leave an impression on your dinner guests.
In this recipe, the pies are baked outside on a grill, which of course enhances the taste, but you can also bake your pie in the oven.
You will need:
2 frozen pie crusts (or you make your own)
1 can (30 oz) of Pure Pumpkin
1 1/2 cans (18 oz) evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
6 oz Fireball Whiskey
1. Preheat the oven to the temperature required for the pie crusts.
2. Grill or bake the pie crusts according to directions.
3. Remove the crusts and let them cool. The set your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Crack the eggs in a bowl. Whisk and mix in the sugar, salt, ginger, cloves, pure pumpkin, condensed milk and the whiskey.
5. Divide the mixture between the two pie crusts.
6. Cover the pies and place them on the grill or in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Then remove cover and cook for another 25-30 minutes.
7. Check if they’re cooked by putting a toothpick in the center, if it comes out clean it’s done.
Prepare yourself for a taste sensation!
Don’t forget to share this recipe with all your friends and family this fall.