People who still have grandparents in their life are very lucky. What role do grandparents play in life? There’s no obvious answer to this question, but at least for kids, it is very clear. Although parents make decisions about their children, grandparents also play a vital role in the education of the child. They care and have all the love for the little ones. They’re always there to make sacrifices for the well-being of their grandchildren, to pick them up from school when needed, to help them with their homework, and to do other things.
These 8-year-olds are asked, “What is a grandparent?” Answered brilliantly. Some are funny, some sweet, some are cute, and some are just plain hysterical. It’s not clear whether it’s real-life or purely fictional, but as we all know kids say the darnedest things so I’m tempted to believe it’s the former.
Most of all, these answers are full of warmth and love that only a child can have, something that is definitely worth sharing!
1. Grandparents are a man and a woman who don’t have little children of their own. They like other people’s.
2. Grandparents don’t say, “Hurry up.”
3. It’s funny when they bend over; you hear gas leaks, and they blame their dog.
4. Everyone should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don’t have a TV because they are the only adults who like to hang out with us.
5. Grandpa is the smartest man in the world. He teaches me good things, but I can’t see him enough to become as smart as him.
6. A grandmother is a lady and a grandfather is a man.
7. When they read stories to us, they don’t skip. They don’t mind if we ask for the same story over again.
8. They show us and tell us about the colors of the flowers and also about the reasons why we should not step on “cracks”.
9. They can take their teeth and gums out.
10. Grandparents have nothing else to do but be there when we visit them. They are so old, so they shouldn’t play hard or run. It’s good if they drive us to the stores and give us money.
11. They have to answer questions like “Why isn’t God married?” and “How come dogs chase cats?”
12. Grandparents don’t have to be smart.
13. Usually, grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.
14. They know we need to have snack-time before bedtime, and they pray with us and hug us even when we’ve acted bad.
15. They wear glasses and funny underwear.
16. When they walk with us, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.
17. Grandma, she lives at the airport, and when we want to see her, we just go and get her. When she’s finished her visit, we’ll take her back to the airport.
Share these answers with your friends and remind them to tell their grandparents how much they mean to them. Hope these answers will make you smile! Have a nice day!!