Update: Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony leaves intensive care



Landen Hoffman, the 5-year-old boy who was thrown from a third-floor balcony in Minnesota’s Mall of America, has baffled doctors with his recovery.

Now there is a new update: Landen is no longer in intensive care, his family told FOX9 Minneapolis.

He is now beginning “the next phase of his recovery.”

“The Lord is good, and we are thankful,” the family said in the update on GoFundMe. “We are happy to report that our son is no longer in intensive care and has been moved to an inpatient, physical rehab program at another hospital to help him continue to heal and focus on the next phase of his recovery.”

Things looked bad for little Landen Hoffman when he fell almost 40-feet to the ground after being thrown by 24-year-old Emmanuel Aranda in an unprovoked attack on April 12.

The 5-year-old boy suffered severe head injuries and broken bones.

Emmanuel Aranda was charged with attempted murder after his arrest in the April 12 incident and in June, he was sentenced to 19 years in prison.

Bloomington Police Department

Last month Landon’s family said that the boy had gone through 15 separate medical procedures or surgeries due to his injuries.

The latest condition update, posted Thursday, also reported that there was hard work ahead.

“Our beautiful boy has endured much already, but he is strong and his spirit remains vibrant,” the family said. “We continue to be eternally grateful for every prayer, every act of kindness and the love this world has show[n] us throughout this journey. Thank You.”