Keanu Reeves has long proven himself as much of a hero off-screen as his character’s often are on-screen.
Many are the heartwarming stories surrounding the 54-year-old and his deeds both on and off-screen, which include, but are not limited to, giving ancillary profits from The Matrix sequels to the film crew, and secretly funding children’s hospitals.
His daughter died at birth, his sister got diagnosed with cancer, so you could say that this A grade movie star has gone through life on a very rough patch.
1. Every struggle in your life has shaped you into the person you are today. Be thankful for the hard times, they can only make you stronger.
2. I do think there must be some kind of interaction between your living life and the life that goes on from here.
3. Mortality is very different when you’re 20 to when you’re 50.
4. It is incredibly empowering to know that your future is in your hands.
5. Tomorrow isn’t guaranteed, so live today!
6. Art is about trying to find the good in people and making the world a more compassionate place.
7. You have to change your life if you’re not happy, and wake up if things aren’t going the way you want.
8. Sometimes enemies are our best teachers, people can learn from their mistakes, destruction sometimes means rebirth.
9. Grief changes shape but it never ends.
10. Sometimes simple things are the most difficult things to achieve.
11. So in the end, I think we can all pretty well agree that even in the face of tragedy, a stellar person can thrive. No matter what’s going on in your life, you can overcome it! Life is worth living.
12. Try to be wrong once in a while, it’ll do your ego good.
13. None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an afterthought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean.
14. If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to other living beings, then you’re a badass with the heart of an angel.
15. Letters are something from you. It’s a different kind of intention than writing an e-mail.
16. I was also raised to treat people exactly how I would like to be treated by others. It’s called respect.
17. Our dreams can teach us, instruct us, confuse us, sometimes I think they look to be considered. They are an opportunity and I think they most certainly could be utilized to focus, to try and achieve — whether it’s looking for someone, or influencing us, or inspiring us.
18. When I don’t feel free and can’t do what I want, I just react. I go against it.
19. I will always be in love with love.
20. Our saving grace! Um, as a species [humans] we can be pretty warm and fuzzy. But maybe for this, it’s adaptability, or the heart and soul. We’re not all that bad. I don’t really know!
21. Multi-culture is the real culture of the world — a pure race doesn’t exist.
22. The person who was holding me back from my happiness was me.
23. A good date is when you are intoxicated with each other’s company and everything becomes good in the world.
24. Energy can’t be created or destroyed, and energy flows. It must be in a direction, with some kind of internal, emotive, spiritual direction. It must have some effect somewhere.
25. When the people you love are gone, you’re alone.
26. I thank the earth and the sky every day for the opportunities I’ve had.
27. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily lives that we forget to take the time out to enjoy the beauty in life. It’s like we’re zombies. Look up and take your headphones out. Say “Hi” to someone you see and maybe give a hug to someone who looks like they’re hurting.
28. The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way.
29. Sure I believe in God and the Devil, but they don’t have to have pitchforks and a long white beard.
I love this guy! He is the best of the best!
I truly enjoy reading his thoughts and injecting these philosophies into my life – please share this article on Facebook if you agree!